- Today, on World Animal Day, we need to make a pledge to do several things:
- • Shut down commercial wildlife markets and the cruel trade that fuels them.
- • End the import, export, and sale of wildlife for food and exotic "medicine"
- • Phase-out demand for wildlife as a food source by encouraging alternative
- forms of food production.
We ultimately need to see an end to the wildlife trade for all purposes, not just human consumption to avoid another global health crisis but also to prevent millions of animals from being cruelly bred in captivity or poached from the wild.
I am no birding expert but we did take an expert with us who told us what we were seeing. We fell in love with the local people as we traveled and their hospitality couldn't have been warmer. In the huge wildlife reserve, it was exciting to see the efforts that the Mexican people are making to save their bird and animal wildlife.
We all need to do our part if only to contribute monetarily to the many wonderful wildlife organizations throughout the world that work so hard to help produce a better world for us all. Today I made a little contribution to try to do my small part.